Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blessed

I was eating Samosa. My mother was feeding me with her own hands. I was very happy and peaceful. The Samosa was hot and spicy-perfect for my taste. Suddenly a girl's voice made me jump.
I wasn't at home anymore. My mom disappeared. No samosas. :(  It was my U.S. Government class in America-oh right, I am on my exchange year in America. The lights were off and a documentary was going on the screen in class.
It took me a long moment to realize that I fell asleep during my Gov class. Being in Pakistan with mom was a dream-a beautiful one. My mouth was watered because of the delicious dream. I tried to concentrate on the documentary; which I apparently didn't miss a whole lot, and tried not to think about the dream-which was hard.


After class, I babbled with my friend about how hard is life without your country's food.American food is too blend. Chinese is sweet. There's nothing good for me to eat. I am missing my mom's homemade Pakistani Cuisine. 
-"God, I would pay a hundred dollars for Pakistani street food, right now", said me.
-"Well, that is great. I would get you some Paki food from an Indian restaurant. You give me the hundred dollars. I will take them to Haiti and feed the starving kids out there", said my friend.
I fell silent.
How do we not realize that how lucky we are? How can we ever regret about having this life?
-"My life is so hard. I can't take it anymore!"; My all-time-favorite line.
Hard? Hard? My life? 
Of course, my life where I go to school every morning. Hang out with friends. Have fun all the time. Eat as much as I want. Don't worry about the money I spent..It is very hard. But, the life of a farmer who is working in a field under the killing-hot sun since 6 in the morning, goes home after working all day at 9 at night, looks into his children's eyes and decides how to tell them that they'll have to divide the never-so-enough food among themselves (Again tonight), is easier than my life.
A kid in Haiti. (didn't wanna put a really sad image)
Feeling happy? yes? good. But that is not the point. The point is we all are a bunch of whiny dreamers, who like to build beautiful castles in the air but have no idea about the reality. 

Just be thankful that you are not the little girl in Afghanistan who was killed by a terrorist; because she wanted to go to school and become a doctor.

And that you are not the little kid in Haiti whose parents, house, school-if they even had one, siblings, everybody is dead! Who is left alone to face hunger, agony of loss and a dreadful life.
We are so blessed. And yet so ungrateful. Just recognize the signs of a happy life that God has granted you.
Hate your life?? Put yourself in any one of those examples above, you'll feel better about your life.

Spread the blessed light
 I am blessed! and so are you! If you have the access to read my opinions and ponder upon them, you are definitely lucky enough to have a computer and 2 meals a day. If you are lucky enough, help other people. Support your community. Go volunteer for some fund raising for places like Haiti instead of wasting your time and whining about the world. Stop Whining and just go fix it. If you have the resources, help others!  GO NOW!
Spread smiles..
The world needs love!
Stay Blessed.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment